Sell your home quickly and easily by properly staging your home.
If you’re selling your home during the summer months, it is even more important to stage all aspects of the house from the inside out. Titonka Savings Bank wants to help make selling your home easy, so here are some summertime home staging tips to follow. Continue reading
Have a great vacation this summer right in your own home.
This year, a family vacation may not be in the budget, so the next best thing is a staycation. A staycation can include exploring parts of the city or state you never thought you would be able to see before. With a little research and planning, your staycation can be just as great as a vacation. Titonka Savings Bank is bringing you staycation ideas for your family this summer. Continue reading
Have an enjoyable vacation and avoid identity theft with these helpful tips.
Your family’s summer vacation is right around the corner and as you are completing last minute details of your travel, remember to make plans to protect your identity. No matter if the vacation is out of the country, across the state or across the country, Titonka Savings Bank is bringing you tips for preventing identity theft on your summer vacation. Continue reading
Enjoy your next summer BBQ without over spending.
Summertime brings more time to spend outdoors and summer barbecues. If you could, you would probably have friends and family over all the time for a barbeque, but it’s not always in the budget. Today, Titonka Savings Bank is bringing you tips for to host a fantastic BBQ on a budget. Continue reading
Keep your smartphone secure by following these 8 tips.
Are you one of the millions of Americans who use a smartphone?
Recent research from eMarketer suggests that half of all United States adults will be using a smartphone by the end of 2015, and for good reason. Smartphones allow us to get in touch with people, find endless amounts of information and even access your bank accounts. However, criminals have found ways to exploit this great piece of technology for their own means.
Like all technology, you must follow the best security practices for your smartphone, especially if you are accessing your Titonka Savings Bank accounts through Mobile Banking or Online Banking. Here are a few security guidelines you need to be following on your smartphone.
Smartphone Security Checklist
- Keep your smartphone’s operating system updated- this ensures security patches are in in place to cover any spots that could be vulnerable.
- Backup and secure all data- whether it’s to your computer, the cloud or an external hard drive, be sure to backup all of your data in the event you lose your phone or it is stolen.
- Look for apps that allow wiping and remote location- these allow you to either completely wipe data from your smartphone if it is stolen, or locate your phone if you lost it.
- Set PINs and Passwords- take advantage of your security setting that allows you to set up a passcode. You should also enable any settings that lock your phone after a certain period of idle time.
- Don’t compromise your phone’s security settings- tampering with security settings or “jailbreaking” your phone can undo the security systems that are built in.
- Be smart when on public Wi-Fi- use public Wi-Fi as little as possible. When you do, be wary of doing tasks that require personal information, such as logging in to Online Banking or submitting applications.
- Research apps before you download them- read reviews and confirm that the app is legitimate before downloading. Criminals can create apps that contain malware to steal information, plant viruses and cause harm to your phone.
- Understand app permissions- apps may request access to certain data and functions on your phone. Be sure you know full well what each app is doing, and don’t forget to check the privacy settings.
How many of these do you already do? If you are already safe with your smartphone, keep up the great work! If you need to beef up your smartphone security, there’s no better time to start than today. While you may never have any issues, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Titonka Savings Bank, Member FDIC